This write-up contains different sets of 10 Lines on Diwali for the students of classes 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. You can refer to the content for writing an essay or paragraph or even giving a speech on Diwali.
10 Lines on Diwali – Set 1
1) Diwali is a major Hindu festival celebrated in India.
2) Diwali is also known as the festival of lights.
3) It celebrates the return of Lord Rama to his Kingdom of Ayodhya.
4) Lord Rama returned to Ayodhaya after spending 14 years in exile and killing Ravana.
5) People illuminate their houses with lamps and decorative lights to celebrate Diwali.
6) Children play with firecrackers under the elder’s supervision.
7) It is customary to visit family and friends and gift sweets during the festival.
8) Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha are worshipped in the houses on Diwali.
9) Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha bring prosperity and good luck to the family.
10) The joys of Diwali are better experienced than written.
10 Lines on Diwali – Set 2
1) Diwali is celebrated in the month of October-November.
2) In the year 2021 the festival of Diwali falls on Thursday, November 4.
3) On Diwali Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha bestow us with blessings.
4) People welcome prosperity by making household purchases on Dhanteras, before Diwali.
5) Houses could be seen decorated with lights and diyas on Diwali.
6) People light up bright every corner of their house to celebrate Diwali.
7) Diwali celebrates the return of Lord Rama to Ayodhya after spending fourteen years in exile.
8) It also commemorates the victory of good over evil since Rama returned after killing Ravana.
9) Diwali is an ancient festival celebrated since the times of Ramayana.
10) We must celebrate Diwali with lights but not crackers.
Essay on Diwali in English for Students