‘Nationalism’ is an idea that promotes national interest among a group of individuals or citizens. The idea of nationalism is fundamental to the principles of sovereignty and democracy. I am writing below two different sets of 10 lines on nationalism for you. The lines are informative to the best of my knowledge.
Table of Contents
10 Lines on nationalism – Set 1
1) Nationalism fosters national interest among the citizens of a country.
2) Sovereignty, independence and are some essential demands of nationalism.
3) It promotes unity among the masses of a nation despite the obvious differences in religion and culture.
4) Nationalism seeks to preserve the culture of a nation and foster unity.
5) Nationalism is a philosophy that puts nation before self.
6) Many empires were toppled by the common populace after the latter was infused with nationalism.
7) Nationalism played a significant role in Indian freedom struggle.
8) It is ‘Indian nationalism’ that unites people from different states with different religious and cultural backgrounds.
9) Nationalism is one of the significant strengths of democracy.
10) Nationalism aims to build a single national identity despite the demographic differences.
1) Nationalism is identified by ultimate loyalty towards one’s nation.
2) Nationalism plays a vital role in preserving the sovereign and republic status of a nation.
3) Many ethnic languages and cultural traits would have been dead by now if nationalism wouldn’t have been there.
4) Several movements and reforms were initiated by nationalism.
5) Nationalism challenges exploitation and fosters principles of democracy.
6) Nationalism is a tool to unite people who have nothing in common, to fight an oppressive colonial regime.
7) Nationalism must be constructive and inclusive of everyone despite general differences.
8) Nationalism is the most important building material required for new nations.
9) It unites people under one roof to protect each other’s rights and foster national interest.
10) Nationalism should not be aggressive, rather it must be tolerant and inclusive.