World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year on June 14 to raise awareness about blood donor. Blood donor can save life of someone who is in dire need of blood due to some medical emergency or ailment.
Every year on this day, events are held throughout the globe to encourage people for donating blood to those who need it. These sets of 10 Lines on World Blood Donor Day for Children and Students will teach you about the advantages and essentiality of the World Blood Donor Day.
Ten Lines on World Blood Donor Day – Set 1
1) World Blood Donor Day is celebrated worldwide on 14th June.
2) It is the birthday of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered the ABO Blood Group system.
3) It is celebrated to encourage blood donor as well as to thank voluntary donors.
4) First World Blood Donor Day was celebrated in 2005.
5) It is a Global Public Health Campaign marked by the World Health Organization (WHO).
6) Blood donor helps millions of lives every year.
7) Donating safe blood saves life.
8) The events encourage humanitarian call to donate blood.
9) People who donate blood more often live longer than the non-donors.
10) Blood donor is safe for healthy adults.
1) The theme of Blood Donor Day 2021 is “Give Blood and Keep the World Beating”.
2) The theme conveys essentiality of blood donor in to saving lives.
3) Events would be organized to encourage regular and unpaid blood donor.
4) It infuses communal harmony and solidarity among the masses.
5) Italy will be the host for Blood Donor day 2021.
6) The global event will be held in Rome on 14th June.
7) The focus this year will be on youth to ensure fresh blood supply.
8) The day will encourage blood transfusion to save lives of those in need.
9) Eminent doctors around the world will share their messages.
10) Awards ceremonies will be held to honor voluntary donors and to encourage them.