Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom or just ‘Mary Kom’ in short, is a famous Indian amateur boxer hailing from the North-Eastern state of Manipur. Her parents Mangte Tonpa Kom and Mangte Akham Kom are farmers. However, his father was also a wrestler in his younger days. We have given below two distinct sets of 10 Lines on Mary Kom for her fans and admirers.
10 Lines on Mary Kom – Set 1
1) Mary Kom was born in a village named Moirang Lamkhai in Churachandpur district, Manipur on 1st March 1983 (age 37).
2) She is a devout Christian born in a Baptist household.
3) Since 2005, Mary Kom is married to her footballer husband Karong Onkholer Kom.
4) The couple has three sons namely, Rechungvar Kom, Khupneivar Kom (twins born in 2007), and Prince Kom (Born: 2013).
5) Mary Kom has been awarded three prestigious awards – Padma Vibhushan (2020), Padma Bhushan (2013) and Padma Shri (2006).
6) At present, Mary Kom is also a Member of Parliament from Rajya Sabha since April 2016.
7) She was nominated a Rajya Sabha MP by then President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee.
8) Mary Kom has 14 Gold, 3 Bronze and 2 silver medals to her credit in various international championships.
9) In 2012 Olympics she had the distinction of being the only woman boxer from India to win a Bronze Medal.
10) Mary Kom has pursued her boxing dream since the age of 15.
10 Lines on Mary Kom – Set2
1) Both Mark Kom and her husband are appointed as brand ambassadors of Nestle Everyday.
2) In 2014 a biopic on the life of Mary Kom was also made by Director Omung Kumar.
3) She is also designated by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports as a national observer for boxing.
4) As n 2020, Mary Kom’s net worth is approximately INR 3.32 crore.
5) Mary Kom is associated with 25 brands including BSNL and Nestle for endorsements.
6) Mary Kom is donating her entire salary (around 1 Lakh) as Rajya Sabha MP to the Prime Minister’s relief fund to tackle Coronavirus.
7) Mari Kom received a cash reward of 15.5 million in total, from six state governments, after bagging Bronze medal in the 2012 London Olympics.
8) Mary Kom is an active PETA activist and has been vital in opposing the use of elephants in the circus.
9) The government of Manipur has conferred Mary Kom the title of ‘Meethoi Leima’ meaning exceptional lady.
10) Mary Kom currently resides at National Games Village in Imphal and the road leading to it has been named MC Mary Kom road.
Other Popular 10 Lines
10 Lines on beat plastic pollution