The festival of Janmashtami will be celebrated on Monday, August 30, 2021. It commemorates the birth of Lord Krishna, the eighth avatar of Vishnu. It is celebrated on Ashtami of Krishna Paksha.
Below are distinct sets of 10 Lines on Janmashtami In English for children and students. I hope that it will help students who are looking for information to write a short paragraph on Janmashtami or an essay on Lord Krishna in English. You can also write a small speech on Janmashtami, after going through these sets of 10 Lines on Janmashtami.
10 Lines On Janmashtami In English – Set 1
1) Sri Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Krishna, the eighth incarnation of Vishnu.
2) The Janmashtami celebrations go on for a couple of days.
3) Mathura and Vrindavan prepare for the celebrations way in advance.
4) In the state of Maharashtra it is celebrated as ‘Gokulashtami’ and Dahi Handi is organized.
5) Lord Krishna was born to eliminate evil from the face of the earth.
6) During his life Lord Krishna adapted to the roles of a teacher, lover, and deity.
7) Krishna killed the evil king Kansha who was his own maternal uncle.
8) Lord Krishna had narrated the complete Bhagwad Gita to Arjun during the Mahabharata battle.
9) On Krishna Janmashtami the temples of Krishna reverberate with chants of “Hare Rama, Hare Krishna”.
10) Ardent devotees of Sri Krishna observe a strict fast on Sri Krishna Janmashtami.
10 Lines On Sri Krishna Janmashtami – Set 2
1) Sri Krishna Janmashtami is one of the major festivals of Hindus.
2) The festival is so popular that it is even celebrated in other countries as well.
3) The beauty of Krishna is that his disciples are from different corners of the world.
4) People place Laddu Gopal in I small cradle to celebrate Krishna’s birthday.
5) We must vow to follow the path of truthfulness as Krishna says.
6) Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated with exceptional fervor on the streets of Mathura and Vrindavan.
7) Major pandals are erected on the streets of Mathura and Vrindavan.
8) As little Krishna was born in a prison it is celebrated with fervor and joy in prisons and police stations.
9) As Krishna loves white butter (Makhan), the major Prasad on Janmashtami is Makhan mixed with sugar crystals.
10) During midnight devotees perform Krishna Abhishekam.