YouTube is a popular video-sharing platform headquartered in America. It is basically a worldwide video hosting service that allows users to upload videos and also to like subscribe or chat, among other various activities. Below given are two distinct sets of 10 Lines on YouTube for class 5-10, covering all the vital information about the platform.
In the below sets of 10 Lines on YouTube for class 5-10 you will get information about YouTube which would be helpful for you in school assignments and debates etc.
Table of Contents
10 Lines on YouTube – Set 1
1) YouTube was founded in 2005 by three former PayPal employees-Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim.
2) Jawed Karim uploaded the first YouTube inaugural video titled ‘Me at the zoo’ on 23rd April 2005.
3) Google LLC bought YouTube in November 2006, finalizing the deal at US$1.65 billion.
4) A registered user can upload unlimited videos on YouTube.
5) YouTube and its users earn revenue from Google AdSense.
6) The inspiration for a video sharing platform came from the video version of an online dating website.
7) Initially, the founders of YouTube created posts on Craigslist, an American advertisement website.
8) In the advertisement, they asked attractive females to upload their videos on YouTube for a reward of $100.
9) Facing difficulties in getting dating videos, the founders made the platform open for all kinds of videos.
10) Susan Wojcicki, one of Google’s co-founders is the present and 3rd CEO of YouTube.
1) YouTube was started with an initial capital investment of $19.5 million.
2) It is headquartered at 901 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, California, United States.
3) Each minute, over 500 hours of content is uploaded on YouTube.
4) Every day, around one billion hours of content, is watched worldwide on YouTube.
5) YouTube has Alexa popularity rank 2 after Google.
6) The annual revenue of YouTube through advertisements is estimated to be around US$15 billion.
7) Presently YouTube has over one billion users or one in every three internet users is using YouTube.
8) If you have 10000 or more subscribers, then YouTube has opened a free to use production space for you in Los Angeles.
9) The first world leader to create a YouTube account was the British Prime Minister Tony Blair in 2007.
10) Every passing minute around 400 tweets contain links to a YouTube video.
Other Popular 10 Lines Topics –