“Sania Mirza” the name needs no introduction for any tennis enthusiast especially from India. Making her debut in tennis at a young age of 17, Sania Mirza progressed to become the most successful woman tennis player of India. Below I have provided different sets of 10 Lines on Sania Mirza in English for my curious readers, who want to know vital facts about Sania Mirza’s personal and professional life.
This post is useful for someone who needs few lines on Sania Mirza in English or has to write a short note on Sania Mirza.
Table of Contents
10 Lines on Sania Mirza – Set 1
1) Sania Mirza is the most successful woman tennis player of India.
2) Sania Mirza was born on Saturday 15th December 1986 in Mumbai.
3) Her parents are Hyderabadi Muslims – Imran Mirza and Naseema.
4) Sania’s father Imran is a sports journalist while her mother Naseema had worked in a printing business.
5) Sania made her debut in April 2003 through Indian Fed Cup Team, winning all the three singles matches.
6) In 2003, Sania had won Wimbledon Championship in Girls’ Doubles title, teaming up with Alisa Kleybanova of Russia.
7) Sania Mirza’s career high ranking is 27 in singles and 18 in doubles.
8) Sania is the first Indian woman to be inducted in the Grand Slam Tennis Tournament.
9) In 2005 U.S. Open Sania became the first Indian woman to reach the 4th round of a Grand Slam Tournament.
10) In 2009 Sania became the first Indian woman to win a Grand Slam Title in the Australian Open; playing mixed double with Mahesh Bhupathi.
10 Lines on Sania Mirza – Set 2
Please find below another set of 10 Lines on Sania Mirza for my readers.
1) In 2005 Sania lost to champion Serena Williams and reached up to third round of the Australian Open.
2) Sania became the first Indian woman to win Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) singles title on 12th February 2005.
3) Sania Mirza was awarded Padma Shri, the fourth highest honor in India for her extraordinary achievements in tennis.
4) Sania Mirza got eliminated in the first round of the 2008 Beijing Olympics because of an injury in her right wrist.
5) Partnering with Mahesh Bhupati, Sania bagged her first Grand Slam Title in the 2009 Australian Open.
6) Sania Mirza is an offensive baseliner, who is known for hitting powerful ground strokes from the baseline.
7) Her forehand and her volleying (striking the ball before it touches the ground) skills are her main strengths in the field.
8) Sania’s second serve and relatively poor mobility are her weaknesses in the field.
9) Sania Mirza was awarded Arjuna Award in 2004 and Padma Bhusan in 2016.
10) In 2014 Sania Mirza was appointed by the Telangana government as the brand ambassador of the state.
Other 10 Lines Topics –